TCQ Spa & Gym: Coronavirus updates
Temporary closure of the Somerdale Pavilion & TCQ Gym and Spa
Following the recent lockdown announcement, The Somerdale Pavilion & TCQ Gym and Spa will temporarily close from Tuesday 5th January 2021.
These times are unprecedented, and we are unsure how long this lockdown will last, but whilst we remain closed, your membership will be frozen until our facilities re-open.
What will happen with my membership and payments?
All membership payments have been frozen and there is no need to cancel.
We have been unable to stop payments on 1st January 2021 due to the late announcement. Upon re-opening we will not take a payment for the first month, so you don’t have to worry about being overcharged.
For all our annual pre-paid members, we will extend your membership for the length of time that the Somerdale Pavilion & TCQ Gym and Spa remained closed.
We will continue to freeze your membership until the Somerdale Pavilion and TCQ Gym and Spa re-open.
How do I contact the team regarding my membership and payments?
If you wish to speak with us regarding your membership, please email email@example.com.
BOOKING PROCESS – UPDATED 29 SEPTEMBER 2020
As many of you are aware, there have been multiple glitches with the online booking system since our re-opening. For this reason, it has been decided that, until a more reliable online system can be launched, from 1st October we shall be taking all bookings by phone at TCQ Reception. Please call us on 0117 363 7150.
Bookings will be offered up to and including 14 days in advance. In order to control the capacity of the gym and spa at any one time and adhere to government guidelines, we will continue to operate a booking system for gym and spa users. Timeslots will remain at 50 minutes to ensure the facilities are clean and safe for you all to use. We ask that you respect the time-slots and depart by the end of your 50 minutes.
We are unable to accept pay as you go visits and access will be for members only at this time. We would like to apologise in advance for any inconvenience this causes.
Please direct any concerns to firstname.lastname@example.org
REOPENING THE CHOCOLATE QUARTER GYM & SPA – UPDATED 26 AUGUST 2020
We are pleased to announce that we are ready to re-open The Chocolate Quarter Gym & Spa from Tuesday 1 September 2020. We hope that you have kept safe and well during this challenging time and look forward to welcoming you back to your membership here with us.
We’ve been working hard behind the scenes to create a safe environment for you to visit and we’ve made some changes to how we do things.
The changes we have implemented have been guided by UK Active, UK Government, Swim England and Public Health England. Please read the information below carefully – we know there is a lot to take in but it’s important that we all work together to stay safe.
WHAT HAS CHANGED
You will see several changes to The Chocolate Quarter Spa and Gym in order to make it safe for you.
Whilst we adjust to this new-normal, our opening times will be as follows.
Monday – Sunday 07:00-19:00
(last entry to the gym and spa will be 18:00)
Non-residents only 7:00 – 10:00
Closed for cleaning 10:00 – 11:00
Residents only 11:00 – 15:00
Non-residents only 15:00 – 19:00 (Last entry 18:00)
- In order to maintain social distancing and support Charterhouse care home and the retirement village on-site, we are asking members to enter and exit using the Gym & Spa entrance via the car park. Please do not attempt to enter via the main reception as our concierge will direct you to the Gym and Spa entrance at the rear of the building.
- We will have our changing facilities open, however we strongly suggest that you arrive in your gym attire and shower at home if you can.
- In order to adhere to social distancing guidelines, we have a maximum capacity of two people at any one time per changing room.
- Use of our changing facilities is included within your 1-hour time slot, this will allow us to clean and sanitise the gym for the next appointment.
- In order to adhere to the government guidelines, we have had to space the gym equipment to ensure appropriate social distancing is adhered to and to maximise our capacity in a safe manner.
- Please arrive in your gym attire.
- Please do not bring any personal equipment, such as towels, as there will be paper towels and spray available in the gym.
- We ask our members to comply with the one-way system whilst using our facility and follow staff guidance if unsure.
- We will have a cleaning schedule in place between time slots to disinfect the machines. However, we ask you to wipe down each machine before and after you have used the gym equipment with the wipes provided.
POOL & SPA
- Following guidance from UK Active, UK Government, Swim England and Public Health England we can have a maximum capacity of 6 people in the pool at any one time.
- We have introduced lane dividers to maintain social distancing and minimise crossover in the pool. We have installed 3 lanes, allowing a maximum of 2 people per lane.
- The spa and sauna will remain closed as per guidance from the relevant bodies.
MEMBERSHIPS & PAYMENTS
Somerdale Pavilion Trust will be unfreezing your membership. As you pay by recurring payment your membership payments will recommence on the 1 September 2020. This payment will include a charge for the full month of September. Therefore, you will receive an appropriate charge for your membership.
Moving forward, all membership payments will be taken from your account on the first day of every month. The membership prices remain as they are but will be subject to review.
We are also working towards starting a direct debit payment system soon. Can we please ask you to complete the attached form confirming your personal information, direct debit details and return to the following address;
Head of Operations
You can also scan the paperwork back to the following email address: email@example.com.
GROUP EXERCISE CLASSES
- Whilst we understand some of you will be keen to get back to attending our exercise classes, the timetable remains suspended.
- We are working towards re-introducing group exercise classes, but we are still designing our control measures. We will advise you when classes are back up and running.
These are difficult times and we need to work together. In order to respect our new procedures and protect your own safety and that of others, we ask that you:
- Do not come to The Chocolate Quarter Gym & Spa if you feel unwell or have any Covid-19 symptoms.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
We are really looking forward to welcoming you back to The Chocolate Quarter Spa and Gym.