TCQ Gym & Spa: Coronavirus updates
Updated 26 August 2020
REOPENING THE CHOCOLATE QUARTER GYM & SPA
We are pleased to announce that we are ready to re-open The Chocolate Quarter Gym & Spa from Tuesday 1 September 2020. We hope that you have kept safe and well during this challenging time and look forward to welcoming you back to your membership here with us.
We’ve been working hard behind the scenes to create a safe environment for you to visit and we’ve made some changes to how we do things.
The changes we have implemented have been guided by UK Active, UK Government, Swim England and Public Health England. Please read the information below carefully – we know there is a lot to take in but it’s important that we all work together to stay safe.
WHAT HAS CHANGED
You will see several changes to The Chocolate Quarter Spa and Gym in order to make it safe for you.
Whilst we adjust to this new-normal, our opening times will be as follows.
Monday – Sunday 07:00-19:00
(last entry to the gym and spa will be 18:00)
Non-residents only 7:00 – 10:00
Closed for cleaning 10:00 – 11:00
Residents only 11:00 – 15:00
Non-residents only 15:00 – 19:00 (Last entry 18:00)
- In order to control the capacity of the gym at any one time and adhere to government guidelines, we will operate a booking system for gym and spa users. Book your 1-hour time slot via the button below.
- If you wish to use both the gym and the spa, you will need to book a 1-hour slot for each session i.e. you cannot use the gym and spa within the same hour.
- You will have 50 minutes to perform your work-out or swim and use the changing rooms and showers where necessary, within your allocated time slot.
- In order to maintain social distancing and support Charterhouse care home and the retirement village on-site, we are asking members to enter and exit using the Gym & Spa entrance via the car park. Please do not attempt to enter via the main reception as our concierge will direct you to the Gym and Spa entrance at the rear of the building.
- We will have our changing facilities open, however we strongly suggest that you arrive in your gym attire and shower at home if you can.
- In order to adhere to social distancing guidelines, we have a maximum capacity of two people at any one time per changing room.
- Use of our changing facilities is included within your 1-hour time slot, this will allow us to clean and sanitise the gym for the next appointment.
- In order to adhere to the government guidelines, we have had to space the gym equipment to ensure appropriate social distancing is adhered to and to maximise our capacity in a safe manner.
- Please arrive in your gym attire.
- Please do not bring any personal equipment, such as towels, as there will be paper towels and spray available in the gym.
- We ask our members to comply with the one-way system whilst using our facility and follow staff guidance if unsure.
- We will have a cleaning schedule in place between time slots to disinfect the machines. However, we ask you to wipe down each machine before and after you have used the gym equipment with the wipes provided.
POOL & SPA
- Following guidance from UK Active, UK Government, Swim England and Public Health England we can have a maximum capacity of 6 people in the pool at any one time.
- We have introduced lane dividers to maintain social distancing and minimise crossover in the pool. We have installed 3 lanes, allowing a maximum of 2 people per lane.
- The spa and sauna will remain closed as per guidance from the relevant bodies.
MEMBERSHIPS & PAYMENTS
Somerdale Pavilion Trust will be unfreezing your membership. As you pay by recurring payment your membership payments will recommence on the 1 September 2020. This payment will include a charge for the full month of September. Therefore, you will receive an appropriate charge for your membership.
Moving forward, all membership payments will be taken from your account on the first day of every month. The membership prices remain as they are but will be subject to review.
We are also working towards starting a direct debit payment system soon. Can we please ask you to complete the attached form confirming your personal information, direct debit details and return to the following address;
Head of Operations
You can also scan the paperwork back to the following email address: email@example.com.
GROUP EXERCISE CLASSES
- Whilst we understand some of you will be keen to get back to attending our exercise classes, the timetable remains suspended.
- We are working towards re-introducing group exercise classes, but we are still designing our control measures. We will advise you when classes are back up and running.
These are difficult times and we need to work together. In order to respect our new procedures and protect your own safety and that of others, we ask that you:
- Do not come to The Chocolate Quarter Gym & Spa if you feel unwell or have any Covid-19 symptoms.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
We are really looking forward to welcoming you back to The Chocolate Quarter Spa and Gym.